Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Getting the idea to work

Now we have our concept we need to start getting the idea working. The 3 main things that need to be done are:
  1. Sorting a 3rd person camera
  2. Making the camera move on a rail in a straight line down the tunnel
  3. Get the accelerometer connected 
   
These are my project killers if i can get past them then the project will succeed.
To get the 3rd person camera working I followed a easy YouTube tutorial video, the result was just what I was looking for.

















I set an offset to centred the camera just over the players right shoulder.

To get the camera to move down the hallway was abit harder, until i thought to use the same technique i used in my last project in unreal to open and close doors.
Using a mantinee i set up a movement track to move the camera along the hall.





















Now I need to combine the camera movement and the 3rd person camera, I want the camera and the player to move down the hallway automatically and leave only left and right movement control to the player. 

No comments:

Post a Comment